Runspiration

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Dinner

Sunday dinner is often reserved for family. Everyone gathers and sits around the table, enjoying creamy mashed potatoes. It's the American dream! Well, living in an area where pretty much everyone is single and away from family, this isn't a dream that we get to live very often.

Enter my totally amazing church group - they decided that every first Sunday they would organize groups of about 10 people and each group would host a Sunday dinner. This way, we get to eat something that isn't ramen or macaroni and cheese (even though I see nothing wrong with mac and cheese), hang out with something like a family, and we actually get to know people who we see around all the time - AND we may have had a couple of really good looking boys show up at our house. I think I could get used to this Sunday dinner thing.

I will be sure to let you know if anything awesome comes of this new faux-family thing.

BTW update on the leg -

I have never had stitches before. My doctor said that the surgical seal should have formed after 2 days and I should be good to spin to my heart's content tomorrow, but I am a little skeptical. I certainly don't want to go swimming, the idea of putting my poor wound in the water for an hour just doesn't seem very smart. Am I being paranoid?  I am going to try a short run tonight. Keep your fingers crossed and put some good things out in the universe for me!

Thankful thought for the day:

There was snow on the ground when I woke up this morning! I LOVE the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment