Runspiration

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sneak Attack Christmas Music

I LOVE the holidays. I love them very much. I love the chill in the air, I love hot chocolate, I love celebrating with family and friends, I love Christmas movies, I love the glow of a fire, I love the smell of chimney smoke, I love it all.  But even with all the love I have for the holiday season, I have a hard time jump starting holiday celebrations before their time. Just a day or two after Halloween I walked into Yogurtland and there was Christmas music playing.  There weren't any Christmas decorations, and the only holiday flavor they had was pumpkin pie (and that is way more Thanksgiving than Christmas if you ask me) (Oh, and as long as you ARE asking me, I think peppermint and eggnog would be great fro-yo flavors and I hope to see them soon). Anyway, the point of the story is that was a sneak attack. I wasn't expecting Christmas music, it wasn't time for Christmas music, and nothing in that store indicated that there should be Christmas music. SNEAK. ATTACK. 

Something similar happened this morning. I was on my way to school, innocently flipping through my radio stations when one of them started playing Christmas music! That is not supposed to happen in my car! Not for 2 more weeks! It was a sneak attack! It caught me off-guard and it took me a minute to process before I could even think about changing the channel, but before I did, I realized what song was playing...
Even if it is a little early for Christmas music, this may be my one exception. I have unending love for both David Bowie and Bing Crosby. The fact that the musical paths of these two incredible musician passed is, in and of itself, a Christmas miracle. So I say throw tradition out the window! Give in a little! It is always time for David and Bing!

Merry Christmas!

Thankful thought for today:

I am grateful for my cozy bed and hot chocolate.  Even better when the two are combined. It is those moments that make me almost love winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment