Runspiration

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Phoenix + Pool = Heaven

I am in Phoenix! After an unexpected overnight layover in San Francisco, I made it to Arizona! I didn't make standby on my first flight, so I got bumped to the next SF flight. It got into California just 10 minutes after the last flight to Phoenix left for the night. Luckily I have a very dear friend in the area who came and rescued me. We went out for mexican food at El Farolito in the mission district and then went for a drive over the Golden Gate bridge and took in the sights at the lookout point. It was a perfect San Francisco evening. The next morning we were up at 3:45 to head back to the airport. The airline gods smiled on me and I had a whole row to myself. I laid out on the seats and promptly fell asleep. I woke up in Arizona and my good friend Natalie picked me up at the airport. We spent the day catching up, eating popsicles, and I may have or may not have taken a 3 hour nap. 

After my nap we headed over to the pool paradise.   It is averaging 110 degrees here this week and the pool was AMAZING. I haven't been swimming in a LONG time and it felt so good to be back in the water. I can't even remember the last time I swam at an outdoor pool, and I will tell you that I would move here and endure this heat everyday if it meant that I could swim in a beautiful outdoor pool with crystal clear water and the sun shining on me from the heavens. Everything was right with the world when I was in that pool. 


We swam for a good hour and then came home to watermelon. Did I mention this place is heavenly? Oh, I did? Let me do it again. Heavenly.

At about 6:00 my Emily friend was off of work and came to fetch me. I. Love. Her. No. Joke. In fact, I would like to take this moment to say that I have the best friends in all the world. That is all.

We went to dinner at the Pita Jungle (which I HIGHLY recommend to any Phoenix area residents) and then we went back to her house and chatted away most of the evening. Tonight I am back to Natalie's! There will be more swimming, the Phoenix Art Museum, and dinner with her bf who I am dying to meet.

I think that I may never make it back to Utah...

No comments:

Post a Comment