Runspiration

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mink Creek

I am sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight to San Francisco --> Phoenix. I just came back from Mink Creek, ID. Last minute travel is all the rage! I left for Mink Creek Saturday night and then had my friend drop me at the airport on our way back this morning.

I was in Mink Creek because a good friend of mine is house sitting for his uncle who has a summer home of sorts up there. The house is actually an old family home that is in the middle of some gorgeous sprawling farm land. (The photo above is the view from the back porch of the house.)

We had an incredible day yesterday that included church, visiting the local cemetery, *holding a raccoon*, exploring the neighbors backyard that is full of a network of boardwalks, tree bridges, and cabins, going for walks, long jumping contests, tin foil dinners, and stargazing. It was a perfect day.

In other perfect news, one of my very best friends got engaged Friday night! Kate, her now-fiance Steve, and I were a team for our Stake Triathlon on Saturday morning and we had a marvelous time! Steve ran, Kate swam, and I took on the bike portion. Every year our YSA Stake puts on a free triathlon, I think that it is a brilliant idea, and I am so glad that I have been able to be a part of it! Especially with Steve and Kate this year! Congrats you two! I love you!

Well, I had better go check and see if my standby ticket has been assigned a seat. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment