Runspiration

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The adventure continues!

Well, the job interview went well yesterday (I think, it is always so hard to tell), and apparently the next step is...yet another interview. I wasn't sure when I was going to hear back, so I decided to make the most of my day instead of just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. First, I drove up to Oakland and spent some time at the LDS temple there. It was beautiful. I love to go to the temple when I need to get away from the busyness of the world and just spend some time thinking and praying. 


Next, I headed to Costco to get gas. THANK HEAVEN for Costco and for cheaper gas. Just before I pulled into Costco, I got a phone call...

I have another interview tomorrow.

Phone interview. 11:00am.

I am hoping that the fact that all of this is happening so quickly is a good thing.

With the interview scheduled, and my gas tank full, I headed out to Half Moon Bay. The beach is another great place to go to get away from the world and find a little clarity :) I think it has something to do with the water. I also think that those of us who were born in California are connected to the coast. I feel so at home on the beach. I feel so much like myself there. Oh, and BONUS, while I was there I saw dolphins jumping! DOLPHINS! In the wild! I consider that one step close to seeing a whale. That is my one true dream.


After the beach I stopped by Redwood City to check out the house I would most likely be staying in if I get the job out here. Isn't it great? It used to be my grandma's house and I hadn't been there at all for almost 20 years. It is funny how easy it can be to feel 10 years old again.


Speaking of feeling tiny, I ended the evening by going out to dinner with my best friend from the good old San Jose days. We went out with her parents and her boyfriend and laughed about how we used to dance to Paula Abdul in her backyard and about how we miss watching Jem after school. No matter what happens with the job, this trip has been really great. It is incredible to have an opportunity to reconnect with people who were such an important part of your life for so long, and then, even after all these years, they still feel like family. 

Today, I am grateful for Kristin! Thanks for being an incredible friend. You are a beautiful person, and I am proud to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment