Runspiration

Friday, November 2, 2012

I went back!

I DID IT!

 I WENT BACK TO TREADMILL CLASS!

I wasn't kidding last time when I said that I felt all kind of crazy shame for bailing out of class early on Monday. I am notorious for trying something once, sucking at it, and running away, but this time I went back! What a brave thing I did. Yay me.

In other news, today I am grateful for people who treat me incredibly well even though they don't really know me. Specifically, I am grateful for Monte, who works at the Mazda dealership in Orem, and Julie, who owns a studio called Bouffant in Springville, and is the only person on the planet who I trust to cut my hair.

These people see me maybe once every 2 months and they always greet me like I am an old friend. Monte recognizes my car on the road because he knows the stickers that I have on the back of my car.  Julie always remembers to ask about the silly little details of my life that we talked about last time I was in to get my hair done.

It means a lot. They could just smile and say thanks, and their job would be done, but they truly invest in me as a person, not just as a customer. I hope that I am like that to others. I hope that I don't save my kindness only for those who earn it, but that I treat everyone well - like they deserve to be treated. I am so grateful for people who care even though they honestly don't have to. They make this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment