Runspiration

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

THANK YOU DELTA!

It is a long story, but I just want to say that I had the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER with Delta Airlines tonight.

I was supposed to fly out to California tomorrow to meet up with my Dad a few days before the Disneyland Half, but due to some incredibly unfortunate events involving Canada and getting back into the US, he will not be able to make his flight tomorrow (and might not be able to come to see me at all for the race - please pray that he makes it).

So, that would have put me in California tomorrow. Without my Dad.

The story gets more complicated when you know that the day after I bought my ticket to Cali, one of my VERY dear friends called and told me that she had moved her wedding day up to THIS Friday. I was stuck.  I see my Dad once every year - maybe and we had coordinated all of our flight plans so we would be leaving and arriving at the same time. Now I was REALLY stuck. I would be in California alone AND I would miss my friend's wedding. Not. Cool.

I called Delta today to see what I could do about changing my ticket. They said that because I had bought my ticket with rewards miles I would have had to make the change with 72 hours notice and that if I didn't fly tomorrow, I would lose my ticket and my miles.

I cried. In fact, I cried like I haven't cried in ages. I sobbed. I had been so sure that I would be able to change my flight and that things would be ok.

After several hours I talked with a friend and with my Mom and they both advised that I call back. So, I did. Same story, but this time I pushed, and this time I gave A LOT more detail about my story (Seriously, if you heard all of the details you would think I was making it up, it was more than a perfect storm of crazy).

To her eternal credit, a WONDERFUL woman named Ann heard me out and worked with me to find a solution.

I am flying out on Saturday. I get to go to my friend's wedding, I will make it just in time for the race, and I pray that my Dad will be there to see me cross the finish line.

Thanks again to Ann and to Delta for making this all happen. I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Always good to hear good customer service stories! Hope your dad is able to make it.

    ReplyDelete