Runspiration

Saturday, August 25, 2012

LOGAN!

I just got back from several blissful days in Logan,  UT. One of my very best friends in the entire world lives up there and it is always a wonderful time when I get to see her. We talk for hours, flip through loads of magazines (including the new 900 page September issue of Vogue), watch movies, go out for dinner, and of course I always force Erin to make chocolate chip cookies. They. Are. To. Die. For. So, if you haven't figured it out yet, we always have the perfect Girl's Weekend. This trip was no exception.

As the Disneyland Half Marathon is next week, I wanted to make sure that I got my miles in this weekend.  On Friday, left the house at about 11:00am for and easy four miles around Logan. I love running up here. It is absolutely gorgeous.
 I ran up to the temple and then explored the city a bit. I got back to Erin's, stretched out a bit and then headed inside the house. Only, the door was locked. The front door was locked. The back door was locked. I had completely forgotten to unlock the back door when I had left the house. I checked all of the windows to see if I could break in and I knocked on the door of the downstairs apartment. No luck. 

I didn't have my phone and I don't even know exactly where Erin works, so I decided to take this moment for exactly what it was - a totally guilt-free ticket to waste an afternoon. I had just loaded the first season of New Girl onto my ipod that morning so I let it play. Let me tell you, if I could dress like Zooey Deschanel everyday, I would be a very happy girl. 


After about 4 or 5 episodes I figured it was time to Erin to come back. No such luck. 10 1/2 episodes later, one of the downstairs housemates came home and let me in. Erin pulled in about 30 minutes after that. Honestly, it really was a lovely afternoon, I just relaxed in the back yard and watched TV all afternoon. And now I know that my ipod battery lasts for about an hour of audio and 11 episodes of a sitcom!

Once I made it inside, I finally got a shower and then we went out on the town and had our traditional Weekend in Logan Dinner at Olive Garden. It was, as usual, just fantastic. It also served well for carb loading before my long run this morning.  I had about 9 miles on the schedule. I did 7 last week and that was my first long run in almost 2 months (did I mention I have a half next week?) I know, I am a smart lady. Anyway. I decided that 9 would be long enough to ensure I don't die next week without being too long to kill me this week. Thankfully, I was right. I ran 9.5 miles through Logan, Providence, and Millville. Have I said yet how beautiful this area is? It is all small town and farms. I just love it. As I ran through Providence, I passed the finish line for the Top of Utah Half Marathon. I ended up running along the race route for about 2 miles. I LOVE doing that. I always feel a little silly, but I love the energy of a race. It made me even more excited for next week!

I also ran passed this lovely little place. It is the Old Rock Chapel, now a B&B and reception center. One of my friends had her wedding reception there last year and it was simply gorgeous. I can't believe it has almost been a year! (Happy upcoming Anniversary Cory and Liz!)
(As a sidenote, the hotel is for sale. 1.5 million. Maybe that is what I should do with my life. It could be like We Bought a Zoo, but with a Bed and Breakfast. Yes?)

Anyway, back to real life. It was a great weekend and I feel to blessed to have such incredibly wonderful friends (especially you, Erin)! And now we are looking at one week.

It is 11:30 pm. That means that next week at this time it will be 10:30pm in California. I will be trying to sleep, but probably won't be able to because I will be racing in the morning! ONE WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment