Runspiration

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Comfort food

Oh, the life of a grad student! I ended up not needing to go to my team meeting and I very nearly cried happy tears, because that meant I could go to the grocery store.  When my fridge gets empty, my anxiety goes up.  As I walked up and down the aisles of the store and filled my basket, I could feel my stress levels go down as I stocked up on my essentials; deli meat, wheat bread, sliced cheese, bananas, grapes, raisins, eggs, milk, etc. They would all be added to my other necessaries; salad greens, chocolate milk, and greek yogurt to name a few.  If I have all the things I love at home it is so much easier to make healthier eating choices, I just don't even have to think about it (hence the decreased stress level).  I just love grocery shopping. Am I crazy? Probably.

After the shopping it was time for a 4 mile run. I had one heck of a time getting out of the door, but as always, I was glad that I did.  I started out a little fast and then glanced down at my Garmin and saw that I was cruising at an 8:30 pace. Wah? I was a rockstar and I didn't even know it.  I went ahead and finished my first mile under nine minutes but then backed off a bit - that is just not a pace I can currently sustain. *someday* Overall it was a good run and I came back home to a dinner of tilapia and tomatoes.  Like I said before, it is SO MUCH easier to make healthier decisions when there are healthy things readily available at my fingertips. Everything is right with the world when my fridge is full :)

What do you always have to have in your kitchen?  

No comments:

Post a Comment