Runspiration

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WEEKEND UPDATE!

So, I know that I already told you about most of the weekend, but I just had to take a minute to highlight my totally awesome Sunday.

Denise was kind enough to let me tag along with her to church. I made some new friends and bumped into some old ones (It's a small world after all! Especially in the Mormon world!). The ward here is packed to the brim with good-looking, intelligent, and kind people. It is really intimidating. But like I said, they are nice, so that makes it a little bit easier. And one of the girls in the ward remembered me from when I visited this summer and invited me to hang out with her "Ladies of Luxury" club! We are going to go see The Nutcracker and we are going to be awesome. I feel good about both of those things.

At the end of church my friend Dean (who was in my Provo ward), came to find me and said that he needed a soloist for one of the songs the ward choir is singing for the Christmas program and asked me to fill the spot. Why not?! So, off to choir I went. I got a ride home with one of Denise's roommates and she, like everyone else, was absolutely delightful.

My dear Dean friend had me over for dinner and I ate my first hot meal (not including that Little Ceaser's pizza) in almost a week. I was so grateful and was very happy just to not be eating alone. After dinner I went back to Denise's and watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional with a group of people from the ward.

I also got to talk to my mom and several good friends at the end of the day. I went to bed feeling happy and loved. This may just all work out after all :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you and Denise! I love hearing about your togetherness, hence, the reason for another comment.

    ReplyDelete