Runspiration

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ladies of Luxury



Last night I went out for an evening of holiday cheer with some girls from my ward. They have a little group that they call the Ladies of Luxury. They get together every once in a while to do fancy things and last night was no exception. We went up to San Francisco to see The Nutcracker at The San Francisco Ballet. It, of course, was incredible. Everytime I go to the ballet I wonder why I don't do it more often, I find it inspiring, and I could always use more of that in my life. The theater was so fancy, and for an added bonus, they had juice boxes and butter cookies at intermission. That part may not have been fancy and luxurious, but it was fun. I can't remember the last time I had a juice box. It was delish.

It is again a small world. I came in late with another girl who had ridden BART up with me because our jobs had us running a little behind. The theater was dark, so we just took a couple of empty seats near the rest of our group. At intermission the people who had those seats came and we all shuffled around a little to make sure we were all in the right place. I ended up next to a girl named Carlee who knew Erin Masihdas! Yet again, it's a small world after all!

After the show we went to the Top of the Mark and had fancy dessert while a fancy pianist played some fancy tunes and we looked out on the city and it's incredibly fancy view.This is a lifestyle that I would not mind becoming accustomed to.

Speaking of which, I have now been in California for two weeks. And I think I am starting to become accustomed. It does still freak me out a little bit everyday when I get on the 280 and start my commute. The commute to the place I work from the place I live. Yeah, definitely still weird. But fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment