Runspiration

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Three Things Thursday

Thing One:  Tomorrow is Shakespeare Competition. During my time of funemployment, I have been volunteering at a local high school. What do I do there? Well, I help coach their Shakespeare team. "What?" you say. "There is such a thing as a Shakespeare team?" Why yes, yes there is. And my secret talent is teaching high schoolers how to rock the words of The Bard. Are you shocked? Sometimes I am, but it makes me feel productive and quite frankly, I love it. The kids will perform monologues, small scenes, and one big ensemble scene down in Cedar City, home of the Tony award winning Utah Shakespeare Festival. They have been working very hard and I am so excited to see them compete!

Thing Two: It is like Christmas when books that I have on hold at the library finally come in. This one is Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Several years after losing her mother to cancer, Cheryl walked the Pacific Crest Trail on her own. This her story of how she found herself again on that trail. One of the reviews reads,

 “A big, brave, break-your-heart-and-put-it-back-together-again kind of book. Strayed is a courageous, gritty, and deceptively elegant writer. She walked the Pacific Crest Trail to find forgiveness, came back with generosity—and now she shares her reward with us. I snorted with laughter, I wept uncontrollably . . . A beautifully made, utterly realized book.” —Pam Houston, author of Contents May Have Shifted

I love adventure stories, I love memoirs, I especially love stories that combine the two. I can't wait to read this book. I'll let you know how it goes. 



Thing Three: Thai Pumpkin Curry is incredible! Remember how much I love autumn? Well, if I can combine my love of autumn with anything else my love of Thai food - I am in heaven!  I am still going to my old library, so I had to drive a little ways to get my book. I made my mom come with me (because I am a grown up and didn't want to go alone). We went for a walk around the library and the park behind it and then went to Thai Drift for dinner. Maybe this was the second time I have been there this week. It was wonderful again, as was the whole evening actually. October is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment