Runspiration

Monday, October 1, 2012

First Day of the Best Month of the Year!


October is here! October is BY FAR my favorite month of the year. In fact, this year I have been getting all kinds of emotional about it. Not sure where that is coming from, but I kind of feel like Kristen Bell when she had a sloth come to visit. I just get so excited when I think about autumn, Halloween, crunchy leaves, cooler weather, pumpkin bread, cider, warm soup, cozy sweaters, fall colors in the canyon, carving pumpkins, and all of the other wonderful things about this time of year.


Today I celebrated the first of October at a local farm with my mum, brother-in-law, and my niece and nephew. We went on a trick-or-treat hayride, practiced our lassoing skills (see above), got lost in a corn maze, and took a little visit to the pumpkin patch. I got my very own pumpkin! And yes, I walked out of there just as proudly as all of the six year olds who had picked their perfect pumpkins!

After partying with my favorite munchkins, I went to my dear friend Kathryn's house for pumpkin bread and cider. It is an annual tradition on October 1st and I have been counting down the days with all kinds of anticipation! It was everything I had hoped for; good friends, cozy food, and the official arrival of my favorite time of year!

And, to make everything better, I actually started this morning off by going for a massage. My mum had gotten me a groupon for a 60 minute massage for me to use after the Disneyland Half, it has been almost a month, but I finally got around to using it. It was heaven. The only bad thing about going for massages is that it reminds me how tragic it is that I don't get them more often. Today I was dreaming about how awesome it would be to have my own personal masseuse who would work on me after every long run.

Ah, a girl can dream, can't she?

Today was an incredible way to begin the month and I am so excited to see what this October holds in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment