Runspiration

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'M BACK IN THE GAME!

So, a week or two ago I sent my computer away to my brother for some much needed care. My computer was old and slow and it was time for some upgrades. As fate would have it, in the midst of said upgrades, my computer gave up the ghost. My brother told me that he would try ordering some new memory and see if that would do the trick.  The memory was to come sometime this week and I was going crazy waiting to get my compy back. I felt so liberated to be free of constant connection for the first several days without my computer, but I recently started to experience some serious withdrawals and was getting antsy to be reunited.  So when my brother called today and said he was at my house, I rushed home and what did I find? Not my computer. The laptop he showed up with wasn't mine. Or was it?

It was for me! He had a brand new laptop ready for me! It is a thing of beauty and it far surpasses my old machine. AND the battery actually works so I don't have to always have my computer plugged it! Oh, the modern age! (Turns out it is great to have a brother who is in cahoots with your father who is a computer genius and can produce laptops at the drop of a hat.) 

Truth be told, I will miss my old lappy.  It was one of the first big purchases I had ever made for myself and it carried me through some crazy times, not the least of which was 2 years of grad school. We grew pretty close during that time and I am sad to see him go. However, I am also not complaining! Back to life! Back to applying for jobs! Back to blogging! Back to watching Netflix while I keep myself busy around the house during the day! Speaking of which, I think I'll go catch up on New Girl now...


No comments:

Post a Comment