Runspiration

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our outdoor pool is now an indoor pool

The pool is open again! In anticipation of colder weather, the pool was closed for a week so they could put up "the bubble."  The bubble is the seasonal ceiling that they put up to make the community pool an indoor pool. I will really miss swimming outside, but I am grateful that they have a solution so they don't have to close the pool in the off season. 

Since I moved to American Fork, I find myself lucky enough to live only a mile away from the Rec Center. So, tonight I went for a little walk with my mum and then threw on my hattoris, grabbed my cap and goggles, and headed out the door. I wore my tri tank. This is one of my favorite things to do. There is nothing  quite like burning through a quick mile and then jumping in the pool without having to change. There was hardly anyone at the pool. Maybe people just haven't realized that things are open again? Either way, it was lovely to be back in the water. My first swim back after any kind of an absence is usually pretty brutal, and this swim was no exception. But I just took things easy and cut myself some slack. It's not like I'm all that fast anyway, I just like to be in the water. One thing that was really entertaining was that there was an aquatic Zumba class going on. It looked just like regular Zumba class with the teacher up front dancing, but the participants were all in the water. It took  A LOT of bravery for me to try regular Zumba, I don't know if I have the courage for water Zumba...I think I'll just stick to swimming laps.


 When I got home I decided that ice cream and hot fudge are a lot like milk and chocolate syrup. That means an ice cream sundae is like chocolate milk - which makes both of these things great recovery foods, right?  I snuggled up in my bed, clean, but still smelling like chlorine, and enjoyed my delicious treat and a little bit of Robin Hood. I have become quite the TV connoisseur lately. Thank goodness for Netflix. How would I ever survive unemployment without it :)


Well, I will just tell you that tonight was absolutely perfect. Happiness is a good workout and coming home to a cozy bed. I am feeling all warm and fuzzy and every kind of grateful tonight. I guess that all is as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment