Runspiration

Friday, September 21, 2012

fUNemployed

Funemployed is what we are calling it. I will soon be moving into my 6th month of post-graduation unemployment. This has been an exceedingly strange chapter of my life. I have been working or in school (or both) since I was 15 years old. For the first two months after graduation, I wasn't even looking for a job. It was my vacation time. It was heavenly. The next two months were spent looking for jobs and following leads. The last two months have been spent thinking that as long as I keep sending in applications...my whole life will change any minute now....

any minute now...

Um, yeah. Nobody is calling.

It is strange living in the limbo of unemployment. You don't really want to commit to anything because you may just pick and move to wherever your dream job offers to take you tomorrow. For example, I moved 6 weeks ago and I finally decided to hang a picture on the wall in my bedroom two days ago.

So, here is my plan while my life has no plan:  Live in the moment.

I don't think that there will ever be another time in my life quite like this. This is my opportunity to seize the day and start doing all of the things I always wished I could do when I was too busy with work, school. life, etc. I am going to make a wish list of things that I want to do/accomplish/learn while I have the time and then I am going to do what I can to start making those things happen! We'll see just how far we get :)

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. while i am sure it can be a stressful time, i agree that it's a good idea to make the most of it! i hope a sweet job comes through soon though!

    oh, and it doesn't take unemployment to not-hang up home decor ;) i've lived in the same place for 6 years..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Here's to a sweet job! I just keep telling myself that my dream job isn't available yet and so I have to be patient :)

    6 years?! Girl, you got to get on that :)

    ReplyDelete