Runspiration

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Where did the time go?

Wow. It has been one month since I posted.  Oops. Life got kinda freakin crazy a little crazy.

I just read a friend's blog about how her life has been a little crazy lately and I just adore the sounds words shared with her by a friend:

You're not a wreck... you're just on a rollercoaster, and I get to stand on the ground and watch you scream and pee your pants... but the ride will come to an end eventually.

Well, for me, the ride came to an end! I am a real person again! I AM BACK! Yay! Can we just pretend like this never happened? Yes? Oh, please and thank you! Done and done. Forgotten. 

So, instead of telling you about the dra-izzity drama in my life, I will tell you that Valentine's Day was this week and it was incredible.  

First amazing thing? 

I had 10 Valentine's dates.  You don't believe me?  Well, that is what photographic proof is for!


This happened because we had an awesome party at our house.  We called it "To The Lovers and The Loveless."  And I will tell you that both the lovers and the loveless came out in droves. We had a marvelous. time. Again - there is photographic proof!



The point of the party was to make sure that everyone had a place to go. The last thing any of us need is to sit at home on Valentine's Day feeling like we aren't loved - especially because I would venture to say that almost all of us are loved by a great many people. It is sad to think that a day that was created to celebrate love could actually make us feel more lonely than ever because there isn't ONE special person to love us.


I know that it is incredibly easy to hate Valentine's Day, and that lonely feeling really does suck, but I say that if you don't like something, you should do something about it! My something was to throw a big party, and I don't think that I have had such a good time in a very long time.


So, let me just close my post with this: I hope that you had a rockin' Valentine's Day. I hope that you know that you are loved. And if you didn't and if you don't, then I suggest that you go out and have a crazy-good weekend and do something that will remind you that you are freaking amazing. Cause you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment