Runspiration

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jennica vs the Morning

I woke up at about 4:30 this morning. No sane person gets up at 4:30 so I went back to sleep until 5:45. Still too early! I went back to sleep again, slept through my 6:00 alarm and woke up at 6:57.

I have spin at 7:00.

When I went back to sleep at 5:45 I started dreaming crazy dreams.  The one that I remember most vividly involved me trying to find my seat at a movie theater after I had walked out to get a snack.  The movie?  A 3D zombie flick starring Tom Hanks. I know, finding my seat in a theater isn't a very crazy dream, but the whole zombie movie that my mind made up was pretty crazy.  (By the way, my dreams lately have consisted of sitting and chatting with people, going out to eat, and going to the movies. Apparently my real life is too exciting and my subconscious is trying to chill out)

Anyway,  luckily I had my spin stuff close and my 8:00am MBA class had been canceled, so there was no need to bring a change of clothes. I was on my bike by 7:12.  We virtually climbed Squaw Peak again today. It totally kicked my trash. No breaks on this one. It is one big, lovely, nasty climb!

In real life, it looks like this:
(When it gets warmer, I would really like to get a grown-up girl road bike and take this peak on like Donkey Kong!)


Class was great, but because I was late and because my 1 school class was canceled, I hit the gym for a quick little run on my way home. It was a great way to start the day.  However, I am still a little disappointed that I couldn't get my butt out of bed at 6:00am. I had some serious plans for some pre-spin productivity.

How do you convince yourself to listen to the smart, productive you that set the alarm for 6:00am, instead of the lazy, sleepy you who just wants to watch zombie movies in her sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment