Runspiration

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Christmas to Me!

So, finals ended a couple of days ago, and I am just now resurfacing into the normal world again.  As soon as I shut the computer on my last take home final, I grabbed my keys and drove away from this crazy place.  My dear friend, The Blur, had a layover in Salt Lake and so I headed up there to spend an hour or so with her before she caught her connecting flight home for the holidays. After our visit I drove another hour or so up to Logan where I found respite at the home of one of my very best friends who I certainly do not get to see as much as I would like. 


We spent the whole weekend doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Nothing included taking in Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in the new Sherlock Holmes flick, making our traditional stop at the Olive Garden, and watching too many chick flicks to mention, as it might be embarrassing to tell you that we were in for the night at 7:30 and more than happy to curl up with the likes of Josh Duhamel, among others . It may also be embarrassing to tell you that I spelled his name correctly on the first try. Yeah. Not sure if I should be proud of that.  


Anyway, the weekend was a total success and speaking of success, I rocked an incredible 9 miler Saturday morning.  It was 15 degrees out and once again my water froze in my hydration belt. SERIOUSLY? Seriously - you're not hardcore unless you live hardcore. I had a good looking half-inch boarder of frost on my hood when I came in. Running in Florida is going to be so blasted easy! 


Some of the best news of the week was that when I finally got home from Logan there was a package waiting for me in the mail! As a part of Jill's @ Run with Jill secret Santa runner gift swap I got an AWESOME water bottle from Heather @ Just a Colorado Gal. (PS besides that fact that she is totally adorable - you should check out her blog cause she is having an Aspaeris compression shorts giveaway. Those things are the bomb. Get you some now!)   


Here is a picture of my water bottle.  It is very possible that I carry it with me everywhere. It says "I run like a girl. Try to keep up." Talk about hardcore. Not only is it super cute, but it makes me look way cooler than I could ever claim to be on my own. 


Yes, our tiny tree is decorated with sticks of Shaun White gum. I have mentioned that we are in grad school, haven't I? 

Thanks a million Heather, I hope that you have a great Christmas! And Merry Christmas to all of you out in the blogosphere. I hope that Santa brings you everything on your list!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, glad it came!!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cool water bottle, I think I could have used that at the gym as I was dying of thirst when I forgot mine :(. Glad you participated. Have a fantastic Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete