Runspiration

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Daylight Savings

For some CRAZY reason, I have gotten up early almost every day this week. That means that I am getting up in the 5 o'clock hour as far as my body is concerned. 5 o'clock! That is SO EARLY. But I will tell you a little secret: I love it. I recently started a Wellness Challenge with a friend in the ward and some ladies who are, I believe in Arizona. There are several things on the list of  "must do" for the challenge that I couldn't fit into my regular day. So, I decided that I needed to maximize my mornings. Sleep tries to convince me that it is not a good idea to get up earlier - but I love it, I really do. I get up, do some reading, eat breakfast not in my car, go for a walk, or do something else a little active. I don't know how I keep forgetting, but I really do love mornings.

I find that one of the things that I love about getting up early is that the world is still in the morning. It is the one time of the day where I don't feel like I have to fight my way out of expectations and noise to find a moment of peace.

Walk days are awesome. We live nestled in the middle of the ghetto, but if we walk just a few short blocks, we enter the Palo Alto Baylands Preserve. My good friend who just lives around the corner shows up at my door at 6:55 and we power walk through the most lovely little place while talking about the deep things of the world. I don't know if there could be a better way to start the day. This is a picture from my walk on Monday. Because we were out there a daylight-savings-time-hour earlier, we got to see the sunrise. What a wonderful world we live in!


. I am also loving the extra hour of daylight in the evening. Life just seems easier when there is a little extra sunshine in it. I am always amazed at how much better I feel about EVERYTHING whenever spring rolls around. I am excited to be able to come home from work and enjoy beautiful evenings outside. If I were still at home in Utah, I would sigh and wish that the weather would always stay this way - in California, I pretty much get my wish. Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment